MINDFUL RESILIENCE FOR TRAUMA RECOVERY: A YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Mindful Resilience has been successfully integrated into mental health and addiction treatment programs for veterans and active-duty military across the US and Canada. Outlined here you will find a course description, benefits of the programs, and a course schedule. The course schedule is listed on the bottom of the page and is updated regularly to reflect new classes.
In this training, you will explore:
- The development, course, and consequences of trauma-related disorders
- The psychotherapeutic treatment of trauma-related disorders and how yoga fits into an integrative treatment approach
- Special considerations and cautions when providing yoga therapy to veterans and other trauma-affected individuals
- Specific practices, guiding principles, and resources found to be helpful for veterans coping with trauma, including a detailed treatment manual with an empirically-informed, clinically-tested 12-week protocol, and access to a downloadable electronic copy (pdf) of the Mindful Resilience Yoga for Veterans Recovering from Trauma practice guide.
Mindful Resilience for Recovery and Resilience is an evidence-informed, clinically-tested yoga program that was developed specifically for veterans recovering from posttraumatic stress and other psychological difficulties. It is evidence-informed, in that practices have been chosen and adapted based on clinical and neuro-scientific knowledge about posttraumatic stress and its treatment. Clinical testing was based on feedback from hundreds of veterans and active-duty service members receiving treatment at residential and outpatient treatment programs.
This Veterans Yoga Project training consists of a balance of practice and lecture/discussion. At the end of the training, participants will understand the symptoms of post-traumatic stress and other trauma-related disorders, how those symptoms are related to underlying neurobiology, and how to use this understanding to most effectively teach individuals recovering from trauma.
Your guide on this journey will either be:
- The creator of the Mindful Resilience yoga teacher training, Daniel J. Libby, PhD. Daniel is a licensed clinical psychologist and yoga teacher and is an expert in the mindful integration of evidence-based psychotherapies and complementary and alternative medicine practices for the treatment of PTS(D) and other psychological and emotional distress in active-duty military and veterans.
- Dr. Timothy Avery, Director of Program Evaluation, an OIF and U.S. Navy veteran and graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy. He earned his 200-hour certification at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health and is currently a research psychologist focused on yoga, trauma, and chronic pain.
- Brianna Renner RYT-500, Director of Programs, Marine Corps veteran. Brianna has been teaching yoga for 8 years, 4 of which have been spent teaching at the VA in White River Junction, VT, and has completed countless hours of training with Dr. Libby.
Partial scholarships are available for veterans, active-duty, and their dependents. Please click the button below to apply.