Procedures for Creating Your Own Social Fundraising Page: Light -A-Candle 2018
1. First, you need to be a “constituent”, which is creating a logon and password.
If you do not have an account, click “Create an Account” on the Account Login page.
Once you have created a logon and password, log into Neon.
2. Once you are at the home page, there is a drop-down menu on the right-hand side. Click the down arrow and choose “Social Fundraising / My Fundraising History”.
3. Choose the “campaign” drop down menu and you will see the following. Click on “VYP LAC 2018” and then “CREATE PAGE”.
Now you are ready to create your page.
4. Fill in the information, as you would like to see it on your page.
- You can create a name for it or you can accept the one that is created by Neon.
- Also, you can upload your picture and put a personal message to your friends.
- You can put in a personal goal that will show on your fundraising page.
Save your page and you are returned to the home page. You can then get the link to put in an email and/or share your page on Social Networking sites.
5. Now you can view your page and see if it is ok. You do have the option to edit any information after page has gone “live”.
6. Share the link to your fundraising page with all of your contacts: two choices
a) Copy the link from the “Share My Page” tab on your fundraising homepage and paste it into an email. You can use our suggestions for wording your email, or just type from the heart letting your friends know why you think they should support VYP.
b) Copy the link and paste into Facebook or other social media platforms.
Once you do that, when the email is received, the recipient can click on the link and be taken to your personal fundraising page.
That is all there is to it. You can also return to the page any time you want by logging in and going to “Social Networking” so you can edit any of the information or see any donations and/or comments.
Thank you for supporting our veterans, families, and communities.