Mission Continues Fellowship
Location: Alameda, California
Veterans Yoga Project, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, seeks a post-9/11 veteran dedicated to serving his or her community. The Mission Continues Fellowship provides tools, direction, and a living stipend to the Fellow for a 6-month service and leadership program (at least 20 hours a week). The veteran will deploy leadership, experience, skills, and ambition to assist Veterans Yoga Project in its mission to aid recovery and build resilience among veterans, their families, and their communities.
The Fellowship will be tailored to the strengths and interests of the Fellow to the extent possible while filling the needs of the organization and the veterans we serve. Some possible projects include:
● Maintaining and generating content for website, social media and newsletters
● Organizing new training events and programs
● Supporting and growing future retreat and research programs
● Supporting yoga classes for veterans
● Generating key relationships with VA Centers, Universities, and other stakeholders of interest
● Serving as liaison for veterans and veteran support organizations in the Bay Area
Must be conscientious and organized. Must be capable of working both in a team and independently. The ideal candidate is someone for whom yoga has been helpful in recovery or resilience building.
For more information check out The Mission Continues and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: January 17, 2017
Orientation: April 7-9, 2017
Start Date: April 10, 2017
End Date: October 7, 2017